Search the forum,

Discuss How long do honeywell two port motorised valves last? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Ours are lasting between a year and two years and then I have to replace. Is this normal or should I be investigating our central heating system to find out why?

Which motorised valves do you recommend I use?

They're really dodgy at the minute tbh, i'm hardly having them last. Anywhere between 2 and 5 years and they're going pop.

Started using Drayton instead where I can.

Thanks. The system is free of sludge - I had all that done. The latest one the cogs were slipping, so the motor was fine.

I believe we do have an auto bypass - but this particular problem (resulting in changing the valve) started with the pressure going to zero. I repressurised the system and was left with an intermittent problem with the valve. I do hear kettling from time to time and I would like to understand Shaun's question better.

Another thought that I have is that I use the honeywell evosystem (which I like a lot). I wondered whether valves get more use and therefore deteriorate faster as the valve turns on and off as successive rooms demand heat.

Last edited:
Yes especially if you have pump overrun as the pump will be pushing against the valve and wearing the gears more / forcing it open

image001.jpg

Reply to How long do honeywell two port motorised valves last? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have tried hard to get similar to the first class satchwqell /Sunvic SML type revolving type valves instead of the quite short lived spring return type valves. I saw an advert from the Hearken company who either make these or buy them in. The only problem they are BSP threads so adaptors are...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't compatible with the new universal one, but the wiring was pretty close AFAICT (N, L, 1, 3 & 4 connected) .When I first powered it up but didn't have any TRVs...
Replies
Views
We have a Drayton 27101 - 3 port motorised valve 22mm compression Issue: when heating switches on there is no hot water, when you switch heating off you get hot water. I replaced the motor in the motorised valve, everything started to work like it should. But an hour later and the same...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
When either of the 2 port motorised valves closes, I get a loud clunk. A Honeywell automatic bypass valve was fitted a year or so back to replace a gate valve bypass. I'm happy its in the correct position & orientation, Its set to 0.2 bar. I don't believe we had this clunk last year. I suspect...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock