Search the forum,

Discuss How long can soil pipe from the toilet to the soil stack be? And can it have a bend? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I’ve included a sketch of roughly how I want my soil pipe to be routed. I’ll need to use an s-trap for the toilet so the pipe goes straight down through the floor and into the kitchen below before bending it back into a near-horizontal sloping pipe (1/80 gradient) that runs along the edge of the kitchen ceiling. Then I’ll need to bend it towards the soil stack. There should be enough height available to accomodate the slop gradient along all length. I’m just wondering if the length of he piping is too long, or whether the bend will make it too ineffective.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 25F748B7-4A8D-4F5D-A328-D3D0D8A26624.jpeg
    25F748B7-4A8D-4F5D-A328-D3D0D8A26624.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 37
I'd watch a few YouTube's and do a bit of googling. The regs are readily available and fairly simple. 1 80 is fairly flat but it'll have plenty of push from the fall from the cistern. How are you connecting it at each end? Why do you have to use an s bend. The s bend is in the wc. Avoid flexible connections to wc pan.

I'd watch a few YouTube's and do a bit of googling. The regs are readily available and fairly simple. 1 80 is fairly flat but it'll have plenty of push from the fall from the cistern. How are you connecting it at each end? Why do you have to use an s bend. The s bend is in the wc. Avoid flexible connections to wc pan.

Sorry, bad wording... I mean I’ll have to use an s-trap type toilet, because the wall the toilet is against is the party wall between me and my neighbour.

Not sure how I’ll connect at the soil stack end yet, will need to plan that out

You can go for a decent distance normally around 20mm a meter is about right you can go upto 25mm a meter max or 15mm a meter min

The old rule of thumb was drainage fall should be 1 in 10 x the diameter
You can get away with a bit less with plastic pipe due to smooth bore go to flat and solids won't clear.

Reply to How long can soil pipe from the toilet to the soil stack be? And can it have a bend? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm wondering if this is allowed or will work in the UK. We currently have all our waste water connecting to a single vented stack. The pipes from the toilets etc connect to the vertical stack via a horizontal pipe as you would expect. I'm about to renew all the soil pipes. We have 2 entry...
Replies
Views
I'm a DIYer and have a problematic toilet setup to fix: The waste pipe was installed too high for waste to flow out from a standard toilet spigot, so I want to install a wall-hung toilet on a frame to get some extra height. To put it where I want it though, I'll need to rotate the bottom...
Replies
Views
TL/DR: Can I have a bend of 90 degrees in the dry section of a 4-inch soil vent? Hi. I am renovating a small bathroom. There is an awkward part of the wall where the builders boxed off a large section just to conceal the 4-inch soil vent. I realise, of course, that the soil vent is essential to...
Replies
Views
G
Hy all, So i noticed the corner in the living room was getting damp. investigation showed that the corner skirting board that goes around the boxing in of the SOIL pipe was rotten with mould and the carpet was saturated. Obviously been going on for a long time. I dried the area out. I then...
Replies
Views
Obviously I know the boss parts on a soil pipe tee are there to be cut out to connect waste pipes and I have done this when it is not a horizontal run but i was wondering if i can connect the soil tee horizontally and still connect waste from it? I have attached the part and rotated the inage on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock