Search the forum,

Discuss How does a TRV work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trigger25

Apologies if this is a double post, I thought I had posted a message but I can't see it.

I had a radiator which wasn't getting hot and on closer inspection I found the locking nut was loose. As no water was leaking I unscrewed it completely. What I found was a valve with a central pin slightly protruding so not wanting to make things worse I replaced the TRV top. Having tightened it I found it started to work. As I could see no physical connection between the parts I was curious as to how the device works.

Thanks
Trigger

Wax bead in the head expands with heat and depresses a plunger which in turn presses down the pin which closes the valve.

Different settings on the head denote different temperatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How does a TRV work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The issue is quite simple to repair not sure why any one of the 2 plumbers could not fix it. Why am I paying for cover. The auto air vents in part of the...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi There, I want to swap out my old valves for TRVs but the threads are different sizes, and I'm unsure how to resolve it. My current existing radiator valve setup is: The current valve has a 3/4" thread going to the radiator. I can't quite work out what's on the radiator side, but the...
Replies
Views
Daley power
D
Just moved into a new place and the toilet seat is super loose. Spent about 2 hours trying to figure out how to tighten this toilet seat. I did try unscrewing it from the bottom, took it out and inspected it but couldn't see any obvious way to tighten. Tried screwing the bottom screws in tigher...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I thought I'd come to the experts and see if anyone is installing and/or recommending the use of any Smart TRV valves? Particularly in large(ish) solid wall houses. I live in a 1920's arts and crafts house - it's about 2000sqft, not massive, but it's approx 25% larger on the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock