Search the forum,

Discuss How do you wire a Google Nest to a Evinox 40-10E HIU (E-ON) in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello members,

Does anybody know how to wire a nest heat link to an Evinox HIU?

I know I need to replace the room module/thermostat with the nest controller and supply a 12v connection to the heat link. I also know to supply the heat link with a 240v connection for power from the HIU connection.

Looking at the instructions of the heat link I need to connect call-for-heat (Normally Open), common and satisfied (Normally Closed).

The problem I have is that unlike previous versions of the HIU my one has no obvious connections for the above. I have attached the electrical diagram to the HIU - can anyone decipher it at all?

I hoped I could simply use the wires that went to the thermostat, or would that be 'too easy' ?

Really hoping somebody has done this before.

Many thanks

Matt

Evinox Technical Diagram:
IMG_6061.jpg

Room Module / Thermostat:
Room module thermostat.jpg

What happens when you link 3 and 4 ?

Hi Shaun,
Bit worried about touching cables to test stuff - are you expecting the heating to come on if I did that? and what is the chance this could break something?
Regards
Matt

Reply to How do you wire a Google Nest to a Evinox 40-10E HIU (E-ON) in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock