Search the forum,

Discuss How do i turn off a radiator connected to community heating? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have recently bought an ex-council flat that uses communal heating for the radiators. When I moved in, I discovered there was no valve on the radiator on the living room so I cannot easily turn off the radiator. Is there a way to attach, or will I just have to manually turn on and off the radiator every few hours that I want heat? (I assume this will also affect the other radiators in the property, as when the radiator in the living room is turned off, these do not work either).

Can you take a picture of said radiator ?

I have recently bought an ex-council flat that uses communal heating for the radiators. When I moved in, I discovered there was no valve on the radiator on the living room so I cannot easily turn off the radiator. Is there a way to attach, or will I just have to manually turn on and off the radiator every few hours that I want heat? (I assume this will also affect the other radiators in the property, as when the radiator in the living room is turned off, these do not work either).
I'd expect you to have a thermostat and programmer (these may be a single unit) somewhere that allows you to control the heating.

Don't make changes to communal heating systems if you don't know what you are doing. Ask whoever runs the communal heating system for advice / instructions. If you can find a reasonably intelligent neighbour on the same system you could try asking them how it is supposed to work.

Reply to How do i turn off a radiator connected to community heating? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock