Search the forum,

Discuss How do I turn heating on and off using thermostat in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,

We recently had work done on our flat and the plumbers moved the combi-boiler to a new location and installed a few new radiators. The boiler is wired back to a new heatmiser Neo-stat thermostat. Now that it is starting to get cooler I thought I would test out the heating. So I turned the knob on the boiler from the hot water to the hot water and radiators function.
I then turned on the thermostat and set the temperature to a nice 25 degrees to get the radiators to turn on. Nothing happened - no heat. I played around with the thermostat for a while but nothing would make the radiators turn on. I gave up and turned the thermostat off. Then almost instantly all the radiators fired up and got hot! I then turned the thermostat back on and the radiators stayed on. I then turned the thermostat off and the radiators remained on.

What could be going on here and how do I get the thermostat to turn the radiators on and off? Only way I can get them off is to turn them off at the boiler.

Any help would be great!

Reply to How do I turn heating on and off using thermostat in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I hope some one can help. I have a condensing oil burner and it runs fine but the radiators don't heat. Heats the hot water fine. The pump runs and the thermostat turns the boiler on and off. Thinking it could be a thermistor. All help greatly appreciated.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m new here and don’t know a thing about plumbing so be gentle on me as I am also going to ask a possible dumb question, this summer I turned of the ”heating“ on the Drayton box and turned thermostat to zero but obviously had to keep the hot water on as I do every summer but I noticed the...
Replies
Views
I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get warmer than others despite closing off the skirting radiator heat vent. They are designed to house the finned heating pipe and a return pipe, the latter...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock