Search the forum,

Discuss How do I stop my toilet from leaking? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

We have recently had a new bathroom installed and there is water leaking from where the waste meets the stack as you can see from the picture. It started leaking almost straight after it was fitted and the plumber just said he would put more ‘clear putty’ round the joint. Is there a better way of fixing this so the seal is tighter? It’s a brand new bathroom so I wasn’t expecting these type of issues. Thanks.

24B4A421-1A5B-4F11-9486-2A93D7151C5D.jpeg

ACA99B58-7F49-4569-94C1-1BC606222572.jpeg

It’s running uphill slightly and it doesn’t appear to be in the joint properly. Your installer should know how to repair it, but I’d say an extension multikwik and the pan connector.

Wrong joint for cast iron collar

Get the installers back

Reply to How do I stop my toilet from leaking? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock