Search the forum,

Discuss How do I remove the mixer catridge? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All

I have a leaky cartridge on a bath mixer, its a 4 hole deck arrangement. I have the handle off and can see the cartridge but cannot for the life of me see how it dismantles. I cannot see the top cap seam, or any join. If it is joined what tool fits into there? I would appreciate any advice. BTW brand maybe Freendo ? I cannot see any makes but some other taps have this brand so maybe all the same.

Attachments

• top view.jpg
    top view.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 20
  • side view.jpg
    side view.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 24
  • overall.jpg
    overall.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 26
As above from JC , it should unscrew and as it unscrews you will find its holding the cartridge in , maybe try a little heat off a hair drier .

Thanks guys, that is what I thought from looking at the guides but I cannot see any seam or break where the cap thread is, maybe its just a very good fit, Will try and find a box spanner as suggested, I did notice it has 8 flats ( not the hex) so do I need a special box spanner?

Thanks all for the tips, it turns out you had to dismantle from the base, which was a pig as its inside the bath, but there was just enough play on the hose and locking ring to get it out enough.

Attachments

• bath tap.jpg
    bath tap.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 8

Reply to How do I remove the mixer catridge? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock