Search the forum,

Discuss How do I open this blue valve please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I believe this is the inflow valve under my ideal mini boiler.

The bar lever is around 0.5 which I think is why the central heating keeps clicking off after about 5 to 20 seconds.

I need to top it up to about 1 bar but I don’t know how to open this valve because if I try a twist it is stuck solid in place.

Do I need to turn the screw inside it? If I turn the screw does that open the water flow or does it just loosen the lock so that it can be hand turned to make the water flow?

Attachments

• 5E42F92C-2962-4BB1-9412-DBBEC7927F84.jpeg
    5E42F92C-2962-4BB1-9412-DBBEC7927F84.jpeg
    809 KB · Views: 26
  • D49BF1B8-79CE-42D8-AA1D-FC30B2F1D99A.jpeg
    D49BF1B8-79CE-42D8-AA1D-FC30B2F1D99A.jpeg
    740.8 KB · Views: 26
If the handle is in line with the pipe 99% of the time that means the valve is already open.

As HF says that looks more like it might be the valve for the cold water coming into your boiler that is heated for your taps.

You should have a filling loop, you may find it’s in an airing cupboard if your home previously had a hot water tank.

Normally it will be a shiny steel flexible hose with a valve on one end. Probably looking a bit like this

Attachments

• ADBDF59A-DCC5-44B9-BCC8-E7A3B5B3BD13.jpeg
    ADBDF59A-DCC5-44B9-BCC8-E7A3B5B3BD13.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 3
That doesn’t look like your filling loop if I am
Honest. Do you have a silver braided hose?

There are five copper pipes going into the bottom of the boiler and I can’t see any flexible pipes anywhere, or any pipes with one of those small valves you can turn with a screwdriver. Is it possible there is no filling loop?

There are five copper pipes going into the bottom of the boiler and I can’t see any flexible pipes anywhere, or any pipes with one of those small valves you can turn with a screwdriver. Is it possible there is no filling loop?

Sometimes you’ll find them in an old airing cupboard if your home used to have a hot water tank.

Reply to How do I open this blue valve please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock