Search the forum,

Discuss How do I open this blue valve please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I believe this is the inflow valve under my ideal mini boiler.

The bar lever is around 0.5 which I think is why the central heating keeps clicking off after about 5 to 20 seconds.

I need to top it up to about 1 bar but I don’t know how to open this valve because if I try a twist it is stuck solid in place.

Do I need to turn the screw inside it? If I turn the screw does that open the water flow or does it just loosen the lock so that it can be hand turned to make the water flow?

Attachments

• 5E42F92C-2962-4BB1-9412-DBBEC7927F84.jpeg
    5E42F92C-2962-4BB1-9412-DBBEC7927F84.jpeg
    809 KB · Views: 26
  • D49BF1B8-79CE-42D8-AA1D-FC30B2F1D99A.jpeg
    D49BF1B8-79CE-42D8-AA1D-FC30B2F1D99A.jpeg
    740.8 KB · Views: 26
If the handle is in line with the pipe 99% of the time that means the valve is already open.

As HF says that looks more like it might be the valve for the cold water coming into your boiler that is heated for your taps.

You should have a filling loop, you may find it’s in an airing cupboard if your home previously had a hot water tank.

Normally it will be a shiny steel flexible hose with a valve on one end. Probably looking a bit like this

Attachments

• ADBDF59A-DCC5-44B9-BCC8-E7A3B5B3BD13.jpeg
    ADBDF59A-DCC5-44B9-BCC8-E7A3B5B3BD13.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 3
That doesn’t look like your filling loop if I am
Honest. Do you have a silver braided hose?

There are five copper pipes going into the bottom of the boiler and I can’t see any flexible pipes anywhere, or any pipes with one of those small valves you can turn with a screwdriver. Is it possible there is no filling loop?

There are five copper pipes going into the bottom of the boiler and I can’t see any flexible pipes anywhere, or any pipes with one of those small valves you can turn with a screwdriver. Is it possible there is no filling loop?

Sometimes you’ll find them in an old airing cupboard if your home used to have a hot water tank.

Reply to How do I open this blue valve please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I'd be very grateful for any advice. My Ariston microGenus boiler is at least 20 years old. Every few years I've had to repressurize it. I've lost the note I had about how to do that. The boiler has two blue taps underneath. The rhs one turns clockwise. The lhs one is so stiff I can't move...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock