Search the forum,

Discuss How do I go about getting a mortgage break? in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Lou

-
Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Subscribed
(Starting a few threads off in the new help forum)

How do I go about getting a mortgage break?

Also, what if somebody is renting, what's available for them?

Speak to mortgage lender. Mortgage holidays are not a new thing.

Renting so far only the fact a landlord can't evict you for 3 months. Some landlords already ignoring this.

Looked at Hallifax website my mortagge is with them. Sure you can take a "holiday" after which they re-calculate your monthly payments to take into account the extra interest. God knows what will happen after three months with a larger monthly payment and unemployment - you are now not in their "good books".

Whats new - when banks are in danger people suffer, when its the other way round and people need the help banks profit.

I had a mortgage payment break when we had our children 1 then twins all under 3. My understanding was because I was up to date and informed my lender in advance this was a formality and very welcome. As it worked out our company did really well afterwards and all three of us cleared the outstanding each in 7 years, there were penalties for paying off 25 year loan quick time but we did not care. Just keep your lender up to speed it will not be new news to them. At the end of the day they will not re possess anyway as house prices are deflated with few buyers so there is no point unlike the heady days of massive house price inflation Centralheatking

Reply to How do I go about getting a mortgage break? in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock