Search the forum,

Discuss How do I get the lid off this cistern? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

It looks like a standard 2 push button lid, but there are not slots for a flat head screw driver to go into the buttons to lift them up. It is a B&Q toilet I think (from previous owners ) so are there any specific tricks required to access the cistern on these units? Grateful for any help.

Attachments

• DSC00873.JPG
    DSC00873.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC00874.JPG
    DSC00874.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 9
Sometimes the buttons come out with a little flat screw driver tucked in the side.

The shape of the long / short buttons suggests its a Siamp which looks like the whole button assbly screws into the top of the valve.

Siamp.PNG
1617968278306.png

Sometimes the buttons come out with a little flat screw driver tucked in the side.
In a way that's what I'm trying to get right, and these push buttons don't have any indentations for a screw driver to go into. The outer ring does rotate though, so I'm thinking that the whole thing probably just unscrews as one piece, but still looking to see if anyone can confirm this for me.

Reply to How do I get the lid off this cistern? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock