Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Paul Alone
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 692

Discuss How do i get into strange looking mixer tap in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

P

Paul Alone

Hi, I am trying to get into a tap to change a washer but havent a clue as to how to do it. The tap is unlike anything I've ever come across. It's a bathroom basin unit mixer and the only way I can describe it is that it looks like a dogs face. It has a long nose spout and two handles like eyes about the size and shape of snooker balls. They don't appear to be held on by screws and there is no obvious cover to flip off to get to a fasterner. I've tried pulling them and tried twistinging them on and off to the extreme but nothing seems to loosen them. Anybody got any ideas?

Something like this, if so the top part of the cap on each side unscrews.
Use rubber gloves to get better grip

Mono tap.PNG

Reply to How do i get into strange looking mixer tap in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help with this. The tap is a Bristan RS BAS C, the hot tap has been leaking and I've trying to get the tap off to clean the cartridges, but cant get the sphere at the end off there. Looking at the diagram, it seems that you should be able to pop the...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I can’t get one cartridge to budge when trying to replace in a mixer tap. The hot side cartridge was tight but removed with wrench comfortably, but cold side is so tight Ive burred the nut on the cartridge. Any advice on how else to remove the cartridge without damaging the mixer tap is...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a kitchen mixer tap unit with older washer type inserts which has a dripping cold side. I have a pair of replacement ceramic inserts to upgrade both but the cold side insert will not shift at all. It genuinely is so tight that I am in danger of damaging the mounting even though I am...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock