Search the forum,

Discuss How do I get heat to a far away radiator in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have a radiator here and it isn't getting any heat to it. Water runs out of both sides and it's been cleaned out. It works when all the other radiators are off so what I'm thinking is that the hot water isn't reaching the radiator due to the pump not having the strength to get it there (it's the furthest away).

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas to get around this.. I've seen some "boosters" but I'm not sure how good/reliable they are.

Thanks

If it works with all other radiators turned off that suggests the head provided by the pump is enough to overcome the resistance of that circuit. It is more than likely a balancing issue.

Reply to How do I get heat to a far away radiator in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System was flushed just last year. Both flow and return values are fully open and don't stick. Boiler is serviced each year. Baxi combi boiler about 8 ton9...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the radiator and the water was black/brown. I took the radiator off and flushed it out with a hose pipe out the garden but it's got me thinking and I...
Replies
Views
Seems to be some flaws in the brass of this tap (faucet?). It has fine scribbly black lines crossing from the inner of the pipe to the outside. I guess that's why it still drips a bit even after a number of reseating attempts and many new different washers. Is this something others have seen...
Replies
Views
Hi so I changed a towel radiator in bathroom from a normal radiator. I bunged the f&e tank and vent pipe , drained about a pint of water out the pipes. Altered the pipes to the new rad. Then removed the bungs. Gone to bleed the radiator it filled slightly now no air is coming out. I've...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are on 15mm pipework, the rest are on 10mm. its powered by a Grundfos ups3 pump. the boiler is an 18kw heat only boiler. There are two radiators mainly...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock