Search the forum,

Discuss how do i fit dishwasher hose onto a 15mm self cutting isolating valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

craighx

I purchased a new dishwasher recently, thinking that there was a cold water supply i could attach to. Unfortunately, there was only 1 supply valve which was being used by the washing machine.

So i had to create a new supply.

I purchased a self cutting 15mm isolating valve but the end of the hose (standard size) is too wide to screw onto the isolating valve.

I have searched all over for adapters so i can screw a standard supply hose onto end of isolating valve.

So how do i attach the hose to the valve.

The screw end of the valve is 18mm wide and the diameter of the hose is 27mm so i need something to either screw into the hose (ie with screw on either side) or something to screw onto valve so i can tightly attach + screw the two together.

i think that's how i could fit the two together

any1 know where i could get double side thread screw to do that

or any other advice on how i can fit hose to valve when its wider than valve end ?

You can buy a Y peice to convert the outlet of one valve into 2 outlets or get a lov
cal plumber in to fit another valve

Hi,

Ecowarm it's an Ultima Abacus 15mm self cutting valve. Ultima and Abacus are the names on the packet it came in. I bought it from bes.co.uk. Here is the link to it
Isolating & Service Valves

Hi,
Quality

Do you mean buy a Y-piece to fit onto the existing water valve so I can use both the washing machine and dishwasher on it ?

If not then how do I do it with 15mm iso valve :-

How do I connect a Y-piece to the isolating valve ?

Do they just screw on ?

What size Y-piece would I need ?

It's a 15mm self cutting valve Isolating & Service Valves but the end with the thread I need to screw onto is
18mm wide.

And if a Y-piece has two outlets (which it would ofcourse lol) then how would I stop water coming out of the outlet I'm not using if
I was connecting just dishwasher to the isolating valve ?

You bought a 15mm self cutting isolation valve but you needed a 3/4" self cutting washing machine valve as linked above byb ecowarm. Actually you should have a proper soldered/compression fitting and a washing machine valve as the selfcutting ones sometimes don't produce enough water for the machine and not the most reliable connection.

But if you're doing it yourself and don't have the ability to do that what you should do is buy a 1/2" compression blanking cap and 1/2" fibre washer and while properly supporting the current installed valve with some grips/a spanner screw on the cap with fibre washer inside and tighten roughly half a turn past finger tight. Turn on the iso and make sure it's not dripping. If it is tighten a little more. Even if it appears dry, dry it thoroughly and give it a few minutes and then press your fingers around it to make sure no dampness has appeared. If all good turn the iso back off.

When you've done that insall the 3/4" cutting valve exactly the same way you did the 15mm valve. When you attatch the hose, get it finger tight and the with grips just tweak it an extra 1/4 turn.

Last edited:
I don't like the Y pieces in general because if you end up turning both appliances off, taking off the Y piece and re-connecting the working appliance.

Also these self cutting things over a period of time don't allow enough water in. I'd cut into the pipe work and put in another proper fitting.

It won't cost the earth to get a plumber in to do this.

Hi,
I've bought a Y-piece now, so I'll see if that allows me to connect the two appliances.

If not I may try a 3/4 " valve but will probably just call in a plumber.

I know it should not cost much but I paid for delivery + installation of dishwasher and the delivery guys said it was easy to fit a new valve.

My money is tight and I was just trying to save a bit when I can't get a refund for the installation not being able to be done.

So I'll try the Y-piece when it arrives and I may buy a 3/4" self cutting valve if it doesn't do the job

( I could only find 15mm 1s in internet searches) but I'll probably call it a day and call in a plumber. Thanks for all of your help.

Hi,
I've bought a Y-piece now, so I'll see if that allows me to connect the two appliances.

If not I may try a 3/4 " valve but will probably just call in a plumber.

I know it should not cost much but I paid for delivery + installation of dishwasher and the delivery guys said it was easy to fit a new valve.

My money is tight and I was just trying to save a bit when I can't get a refund for the installation not being able to be done.

So I'll try the Y-piece when it arrives and I may buy a 3/4" self cutting valve if it doesn't do the job

( I could only find 15mm 1s in internet searches) but I'll probably call it a day and call in a plumber. Thanks for all of your help.

I come across this a lot. People buy the installation because its relatively cheap but the people who come out fail to connect up the new appliance 'a lot'

1. The valve doesn't turn off
2. The waste doesn't fit
3. Hose isn't long enough.
4. No Y piece and the water doesn't turn off.

Argue with them you'll get the refund of fitting it.

I love the fact the installation guys aren't allowed to do anything other than connect to pre-existing and working valve. I've had loads of easy jobs out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how do i fit dishwasher hose onto a 15mm self cutting isolating valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A simple procedure has turned difficult. I am trying to disconnect a floor-mounted bidet so I can change the click clack waste. All is straightforward apart from disconnecting the two flexible hoses to the mixer tap. I had expected the two isolators to make this easy but was unable to turn the...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Hi. I have to replace the taps on a small sink. Currently the tails fit onto the hot and cold-water supplies into a female end fitting. I want to add isolation valves to both supplies but all these seem to come with compression ends. My question is - can I just remove the compression bits (the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use a push fit tap connector instead which will give me more flexibility in fitting?
Replies
Views
Hi all! I'm in the process of fitting a replacement undersink water heater in my shed and, as advised in the instructions (yes, I know, what am I doing reading those!), it reccommends connecting to the inlet and outlet using SS braided flexible hoses. Nothing wrong there me thinks. I dropped...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter put an isolation valve on the pipe work for this :-(, the copper pipe comes up from a plastic pipe push fit. See photo. I did a tissue paper test and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock