Search the forum,

Discuss How do I connect the taps to an overflow bath filler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I purchased an overflow bath filler and taps but struggling to see how to connect that taps to the actual overflow filler. I've included a picture of what has been sent to me and any help would be much appreciated.

I have looked everywhere online for some instructions but to no avail. I am guessing I need some sort of tee connector and additional connector pipes but struggling to find anything that looks like it will fit.

Attachments

• IMG_1319.jpeg
    IMG_1319.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 23
You need a female either 1/2" or 3/4" BSP to either compression or pushfit depending on what type of pipe you intend to use. I can't tell for sure what sizes you have there but hopefully someone may be familiar with your kit and know the sizes but they look like 1/2" to me.

Like this Elbow UK Compression - 15mm x 1/2" - 6691 | BES.co.uk
And this - Tee - UK Compression x Compression x BSP F - UK-7316 | BES.co.uk

They also do them in straight couplings and tees with one branch as the female and the other two compression or pushfit to connect to pipe. You can get them in pretty much any combination to suit your layout and valves.

Last edited:
I've not seen one like that before but would expect there to be a manifold connecting Hot, Cold and the filler, with non return valves in.

Alternately it would be made up of copper pipe and fittings so the position of the taps and waste could be in various positions.

Last edited:

Reply to How do I connect the taps to an overflow bath filler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for assistance / advice. I live in a rented house with a not very co-operative landlord. I have just discovered that my bath overflow drain pipe is not connected as the flexible drain tube looks like it has been cut off at some point. After studying...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm really struggling to find out what part I need to use deck valves like this with a overflow bath filler. Most bath fillers seem to only have one connection. This one has 2, one for hot one for cold which looks like it could work. Anything I'm missing? thanks
Replies
Views
Hi I have a 22mm hot and cold water supply to new bath. The pipes finish with compression valves. I need a 500 mm tap connector hose to connect with half inch thread on the new bath tap. All the connectors at the main plumb merchants are 22mm x 3/4 inch. No one seems able to answer question...
Replies
Views
Hello, I need some advise, will greatly appreciate if someone can help. My mixer tap is leaking from base want to renew it. However the tap cold/hot water feed is connected via connectors/fittings as shown in attached picture. Can anyone please advise how to disconnect tap from these fittings as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I purchased a freestanding bath and when I came to cut the holes for the taps I realised the hole for the overflow is misaligned with the drainage (see photo). There's some room within the overflow hole that allows me to straighten the chrome fitting in line with the drainage, but not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock