Search the forum,

Discuss How do I connect the taps to an overflow bath filler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I purchased an overflow bath filler and taps but struggling to see how to connect that taps to the actual overflow filler. I've included a picture of what has been sent to me and any help would be much appreciated.

I have looked everywhere online for some instructions but to no avail. I am guessing I need some sort of tee connector and additional connector pipes but struggling to find anything that looks like it will fit.

Attachments

• IMG_1319.jpeg
    IMG_1319.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 23
You need a female either 1/2" or 3/4" BSP to either compression or pushfit depending on what type of pipe you intend to use. I can't tell for sure what sizes you have there but hopefully someone may be familiar with your kit and know the sizes but they look like 1/2" to me.

Like this Elbow UK Compression - 15mm x 1/2" - 6691 | BES.co.uk
And this - Tee - UK Compression x Compression x BSP F - UK-7316 | BES.co.uk

They also do them in straight couplings and tees with one branch as the female and the other two compression or pushfit to connect to pipe. You can get them in pretty much any combination to suit your layout and valves.

Last edited:
I've not seen one like that before but would expect there to be a manifold connecting Hot, Cold and the filler, with non return valves in.

Alternately it would be made up of copper pipe and fittings so the position of the taps and waste could be in various positions.

Last edited:

Reply to How do I connect the taps to an overflow bath filler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock