Search the forum,

Discuss How do I bleed a boiler with air in it? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I have drained my system to install a magnet filter on the boiler inlet and put some x400 into the system to leave for a few weeks to combat some growing sludge. After draining it and then refilling and bleeding the radiator floor by floor from the top floor down the boiler has air in it, when I turn it on it cycles on and off as it tries to start but I can hear bubbles and glugging in the boiler as it tries to start. I assume I need to bleed the boiler to get the air out but how?

The system is
---------------
  • A greenstar 36 CDI, on the ground floor at shoulder height with flue through the ceiling
  • 7 rads over 3 floors
  • Underfloor heating which I have isolated the manifold and flushed out but currently isolated.
  • The system is sealed with an indirect water tank and separate expansion vessel.

I have included 3 pics for your review

Best Matt

Attachments

• 20220418_070700.jpg
    20220418_070700.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220418_073106.jpg
    20220418_073106.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220418_070710.jpg
    20220418_070710.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 7
Should vent it self mark where the heating temp is at now, get a heating demand turn the heating temp down to low / min and let it run

Should be fine after an hour of circulating round the rads you will have to go round bleeding them tomorrow

Reply to How do I bleed a boiler with air in it? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock