Search the forum,

Discuss How deeply are plastic central heating pipes usually under screed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Despite powerflush new lockshields,and trv's still one rad not heating.I took it off and checked flow and return.Good from return but just a drip from flow end.I feel it is blocked underfloor plastic pipe.Just wondered how deep they are usually laid.-house approx 20yrs old
appreciate any rough idea.Obviously i have no clue where all these pipes go either.

Is the plastic grey in colour?
You will find this unbelievable ,but I don't know.All the pipes are hidden under floors etc and the boiler and airing cupboard are all copper.Also the tails that stick out the floor are copper.I was told they are plastic when I moved there.Also when a rad comes off you can 'swivel' the copper pipe 360 degress as if pushed into a fitting.

You’ll need to check. It could be that it’s not barrier pipe and is blocked solid

You’ll need to check. It could be that it’s not barrier pipe and is blocked solid
thanks for that.I can chisel a bit away from around the base.They have some foam cladding stuff where they enter the floor.
What is barrier pipe exactly?All upstairs has always been fine.May be best to bite the bullet and repipe downstairs

Barrier pipe is plastic pipe with an inner metal layer preventing air ingress into the system

Non barrier pipe is permeable to oxygen with all the associated corrosions/magnetite/blockage issues

Reply to How deeply are plastic central heating pipes usually under screed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock