Search the forum,

Discuss How can we repressurize this Alpha CD28C boiler please? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

My daughter lives in the Brighton area and has recently moved into a rental property. The boiler is showing alternating flashing A and B indicators which tells us that the boiler needs repressurizing. However, looking at the underside, there seem to be taps missing from the valves either side of the repressurization loop hose and she is having a lot of difficulty (access is difficult and at height) turning these valves - has anyone any suggestions on what she could fit on these valves to aid opening and closing? I have attached a photo with the valves (what we think are the correct valves ) circled in red. Advice would be very much appreciated.

Attachments

• Alpha CD28C underside circled.jpg
    Alpha CD28C underside circled.jpg
    474.4 KB · Views: 17
Don't touch the hexagonal head on the lower part of your picture, nearest the flexible braided hose as it's not a valve. Only turn the one nearest the brass pipes, and the one in the upper part of picture.

Reply to How can we repressurize this Alpha CD28C boiler please? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, First of all, apologies for the quality of the attached image - unfortunately the access to the underside of the boiler is quite tight, so I had to stitch a few pictures together to be able to show it all! As mentioned in the title, I'm wondering how I would go about re-pressuring my...
Replies
Views
We have a Alpha Cd25C boiler. The heating went off around 6 weeks ago although we've been able to reset (either by switch or running hot water). We've had a plumber our 5 times and changed Bypass Pump Thermister Cut flue pipe This has not solved the problem. We get heating if we leave the...
Replies
Views
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in kitchen (Retrospective view of alternate option when it was found that promise of removing pipes from airing cupboard could not be fulfilled). Battery...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a flat and have an electric Evinox Heat Meter Modusat Model RC15 Boiler. I had a cold spot on a radiator and bled it. The boiler pressure dropped to 0.5bar. A red warning light came on on the boiler as well as on the wall mounted 'Evinox viewsmart' controller. I refilled the...
Replies
Views
    • Disagree
Desperately looking for help, as SSE home services seem clueless. We have a pressurised system using an old but reliable Ideal classic boiler. Every now and then, I have to top up the pressure in a little red bottle in a downstairs cupboard. However, for a while now, the fill loop doesn't seem...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock