Search the forum,

Discuss How can I remove this flush valve? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I've got water trickling into the pan of a toilet. The cistern water level is nowhere near the overflow pipe, so I suspect there's a faulty seal at the bottom of the flush valve (a Geberit model). However, I am unable to detach the flush unit to check. There don't seem to be any side clips to press. Also, I've tried rotating the flush unit, and it moves about 90 degrees, before jamming against the cistern walls - but I have noticed that, while the main body of the unit turns, the pedestal of which it sits remains stationary (I've tried twisting the pedestal directly, but it won't shift). I've attached some photos to clarify.

Any ideas on how to remove this unit?
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg
pic4.jpg
pic5.jpg

Not come across one with clips to press, normally slight twist , ie from twelve O`clock to two O`clock and pull out.
Any idea if the pedestal in photo 1 is meant to turn? I can't get a good enough view to tell if it's part of the flush unit, or just the fixed thing the unit plugs in to?

The bottom part is fixed don’t try and turn this as will end up splitting the toilet to retighten it

Reply to How can I remove this flush valve? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock