• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss How can I remove this flush valve? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Minimax

I've got water trickling into the pan of a toilet. The cistern water level is nowhere near the overflow pipe, so I suspect there's a faulty seal at the bottom of the flush valve (a Geberit model). However, I am unable to detach the flush unit to check. There don't seem to be any side clips to press. Also, I've tried rotating the flush unit, and it moves about 90 degrees, before jamming against the cistern walls - but I have noticed that, while the main body of the unit turns, the pedestal of which it sits remains stationary (I've tried twisting the pedestal directly, but it won't shift). I've attached some photos to clarify.

Any ideas on how to remove this unit?
You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

Attachments

Minimax

Not come across one with clips to press, normally slight twist , ie from twelve O`clock to two O`clock and pull out.
Any idea if the pedestal in photo 1 is meant to turn? I can't get a good enough view to tell if it's part of the flush unit, or just the fixed thing the unit plugs in to?

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
The bottom part is fixed don’t try and turn this as will end up splitting the toilet to retighten it

Reply to How can I remove this flush valve? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net