Search the forum,

Discuss How can I remove tap valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I have a bathroom mixer tap which drips. I cannot see how to remove the valves as it is all smooth chrome. Would someone know how & what tool i would need please to take it apart ?

Thank you and Happy New year....

IMG_1724.jpeg

I would undo the shroud (the donut looking piece in between the stem and tap body), and see if it comes apart that way. Usually there’s a grub screw, or a tap handle stem that would remove, but yours may not.

I would undo the shroud (the donut looking piece in between the stem and tap body), and see if it comes apart that way. Usually there’s a grub screw, or a tap handle stem that would remove, but yours may not.
Hi, thanks for the reply. There aren't any grub screws on it. It is smooth all the way around on both tap valves. I was wondering if the shroud is screwed on or just pushed on, but neither side seems to move. I only tried with a wrench cad a rag to protect the metal, but didn't budge. I didn't want to try too hard incase I damaged the chrome finish.

Reply to How can I remove tap valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to change the washer on the dripping hot tap in the photo, does anybody know how to remove the dome tap handle, there's no fixings or grub screw anywhere, thanks
Replies
Views
I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
Have a sink basin tap photo attached and need to replace the heads as behind they have cracked. Any idea where I can get replacement tap head covers only need to change the tap head covers really Problem is the old tap head covers wont turn! Any ideas please? Thanks
Replies
Views
I have a Bristan Manhattan mixer tap in the kitchen. Five years ago, it started to drip. I replaced the valve in the cold water side and the dripping stopped. Recently it began to drip again and I replaced the valve again. But, it still drips sometimes. I’m trying to replace the valve on the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a few mixer taps to install in bathrooms and kitchen. The kitchen tap also has a wondering spray arm capability. On researching something else, i stumbled across people saying that a check valve should be placed on the cold mains feed. How can I tell if the mixer taps/spray arm mix...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock