Search the forum,

Discuss Hoval in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
What are people's thoughts on this company, their products etc?

thanks in advance

Haven't used or seen them, had a look at their oil boiler designs and tbh they look very much at the top end of the market.

croppie rates them i think

I'm looking at their new domestic sized pellet boiler range, but haven't had much luck getting a reply to my emails...

They are very well made bits of kit. With the possible exception of the TopGas range of boilers.

The STU and Biolyte biomass's stand head and shoulders above any others I've worked on though I am disgruntled by the fact the concrete arches have a 2-5 year lifespan and cost ÂŁ80-ÂŁ100 per half arch block, they can also go through a pair of ID fan belts every 6 months but these are cheap as chips.

The cast iron tubular boilers with Riello burners are nice to work on and quickly cleaned.

And the Ultragas? I do like a boiler I can stand on and in to service!

However Hoval will advise you to walk away from the TopGas and Ultragas unless you've been on one of their courses.

You'd be able to service the models I'm looking at without a step ladder croppie! They are not even listed on the website yet but they have brought a new range out for the domestic market. 15-36 and 50-70

Do they have a UK base? What are they like with warranty issues etc?

Whats an ID belt?

Induced Draught Fan, sits in the flue of the boiler, there's also a Forced Draught Fan which blows air into the retort, This'll give you an idea.....

STU.JPG

Oh, and I've had no issues with warranties with them. They're based in Newark.

Give them a bell! 01636 672 711

There are a few around here, loads of old 60's / 70's vintage stuff, and a few newer things, they are top money though very nice.

If the figures I was given are right they are reasonable compared to the competition such as windhager, eta and froling.

Rock solid bits of kit and well designed. After sales service is pretty good. They have a very good heat recovery rate for residential accomodation, inns, hotels B&Bs etc.

Last edited:
Twickenham uses hoval boilers. Good enough for england rugby then its good enough for me !

serviced a few of tube / reillo burner ones on the nuffield hospitals, nice to work on except on one the door dropped a couple of inches when i opened it and was a ******* to get back in the correct position.

serviced a few of tube / reillo burner ones on the nuffield hospitals, nice to work on except on one the door dropped a couple of inches when i opened it and was a ******* to get back in the correct position.

That's why I carry a 4' pry bar and a 6' length of 1.1/2"

Had a tour around their Newark site and lunch out with bosses. Really nice place, high end biomass units.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hoval in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock