Search the forum,

Discuss Housing Grant oil fired boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hoping someone can offer some advice re housing for Grant external oil fired boiler. We need to replace the housing as it has rusted. Grant tell me they no longer make the housing for our boiler and the only option is to buy a new one, which seems ridiculous as our oil fired service engineers tell us the boiler is fine. Can anyone suggest where we might be able to find a supply of the old housing or how we might get one made? Appreciate advice as we need to get this sorted before the winter.

Top we definitely need but the back small panel that goes round the flue is the one that's most knackered. I'll be back to you when you say Grant Red I presume you mean it's red in colour?

Why do you need to replace the boiler casing? It is mainly just to hold insulation to the boiler and also cosmetic.
If you could post a couple photos of boiler, as there are several models over the years.
How did it rust? Was rain water getting to it, - or has the seals on boiler been leaking allowing corrosive gases to cause damage?

Why do you need to replace the boiler casing? It is mainly just to hold insulation to the boiler and also cosmetic.
If you could post a couple photos of boiler, as there are several models over the years.
How did it rust? Was rain water getting to it, - or has the seals on boiler been leaking allowing corrosive gases to cause damage?

External model?
Yes 70/90 it's my fault for putting plants on top of it probably.

boiler flue end.jpg

top casing 2.jpg

Never seen those rotted like that, but I suppose galvanised light steel can’t last forever.
Any flue leaks inside will cause corrosion, but also the outside will be subject to corrosion near the terminal.
That could be patched by using piece of sheet of metal.
Or buy a standard boiler house, or have one made.
Where roughly are you? Lots of used boilers about that you might get lucky with same type

Never seen those rotted like that, but I suppose galvanised light steel can’t last forever.
Any flue leaks inside will cause corrosion, but also the outside will be subject to corrosion near the terminal.
That could be patched by using piece of sheet of metal.
Or buy a standard boiler house, or have one made.
Where roughly are you? Lots of used boilers about that you might get lucky with same type

Reply to Housing Grant oil fired boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler, and where the pipes come in is in a room at the front of the house. I am about to box them in but I really wanted to understand what the various pipes...
Replies
Views
Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install (tank about 1m lower). 10 days later and boiler either doesn't fire or fires stops, fires runs splutters stops. Most it runs now is 10 mins, but that's...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
Grant Vortex 50/90 condensing oil boiler where the air tube spigot over the fan is not connected to the existing flue, should this be closed off with a Reillo cover plate to stop vermin getting into the open fan motor.If is blanked over will need a further combustion test to confirm adequate...
Replies
Views
I have a Grant Vortex Blue 26kw external oil boiler, installed less than 12 months ago. It's had intermittent non-starting problems resulting in multiple warranty visits, part replacements and eventually burner replacement. The replaced burner I discovered was a 'yellow flame' one, apparently...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock