Search the forum,

Discuss House wall wet - prior plumbing work completed, potential leak? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all,

I hope you are well.

We have a question if we may regarding the outside wall of our house. We have noticed that the house has a wet look to the wall in a particular area. And while this may seem a little silly considering its winter in the UK and most house walls are wet this one looks particularly odd and we have had some plumbing work done here previously.

The ground underneath has a pipe that extends from our mains supply into the kitchen for our potable water source (non softened). Could the wet wall be indicative of an issue here? From my understanding the plumbers did have to drill from up underneath the DPC into the kitchen wall. Obviously, I am reluctant to lift up the ground below unless there is an issue, but the wall does look strangely wet considering the other walls are dry.

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• 20220206_131714.jpg
    20220206_131714.jpg
    682.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220206_131710.jpg
    20220206_131710.jpg
    658 KB · Views: 14
  • House_Pipe_Kitchen.jpg
    House_Pipe_Kitchen.jpg
    650.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Looks like it’s coming from the window

I'd say you need to look higher up.
Possibly leaking guttering at high level dropping onto that window cill then running down the wall?
Or Overflow from toilet above or ?

Alternately the window cill looks to be twisted and angled towards the window, possibly rainwater pooling then over flowing

Window cill.PNG

Reply to House wall wet - prior plumbing work completed, potential leak? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock