Search the forum,

Discuss House pressure reducing valve cold water hammer in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Having issues with water hammer, I have a megaflo with balanced hot / cold using a heat stadia 3 bar prv, this seems ok as getting 3 bar at taps with test gauge, the outside tap is between the house incoming stop valve and the 3 bar PRV and that is showing just over 4.5 bar. If I switch a hot tap on/off quickly then no hammer if I do same with cold get a thud, I assume the hot is arrested by the megaflow internal baffle. Watching the test gauge on outside tap it will jump to +6 bar from about 4.5bar when a cold tap is switch off quickly and not move off 4.5bar when same is done to hot.

So how do I resolve this? some sort of expansion on cold side but where before or after the 3 bar prv?

Reply to House pressure reducing valve cold water hammer in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I've got water hammer issues with my cold feed and some with the hot feed. When the cold sink tap, cold bath tap and thermostatic shower in the main bathroom is opened and closed there are hammering sounds from the living room ceiling. It sounds like knocking. There's no hammering whilst...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a megaflo unvented indirect cylinder (125i) boiler is a Worcester greenstar. I have good pressure on the cold feed and all the usual stuff works, taps...
Replies
Views
We have recently had water hammer issues. Plumbers have installed an arrestor near our kitchen sink and a device in the toilet cistern to slow water shut off. Worked for a bit, but hammer returned. This morning, while the toilet was refilling and the shower was on, there was a loud thud that...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock