Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water zone valve issue in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I’ve been having problems with my boiler tripping my electrics For a while which has got worse.. I now have no hot water and my boiler won’t turn on for more than 5 Mins without tripping.

A gas engineer attended yesterday and said it was water damage from the pipes and the hot water zone valve had gone I live in a new build and everything in here isn’t even 3 years old. He also said my hot water cyclinder stat was faulty and my Emersion switch had blown to.

he didn’t really explain much about this water damage and how it had occurred etc. Not
Sure if it is condensation as my boiler is in a not very well cupboard with the washing machine and dryer and water cyclinder in.

im not sure if this is a job for a plumber or a gas engineer??

Is the trip tripping for hot water or heating or both?
A good heating engineer can replace and rewire a faulty valve but it may be best to have an electrician check out the rest

@SJB060685 i haven’t tried the heating as I haven’t needed it in months. I spoke to someone else this afternoon who said from what I’ve described the valve is not causing this And doesn’t sound broken and it’s the Emersion switch (which I was also told yesterday has blown ). He won’t know for sure without coming out

my boiler has been on now for almost 4 hours without tripping which is longest it’s been on since Thursday so I’m very confused

In my experience a new build is absolutely no reason to think the kit will be of decent quality or reliable

Contributing as a spark the valve is almost certainly leaking slightly - which gets into the zone valve electrics and then trips the RCD

Apologies if this isn't what you want to hear but I see this a LOT

As for the tank stat AND the immersion switch - not sure I believe that

@Murdoch thanks for the response.. my boiler is working and has been on all day not sure why it working.
The second guy I spoke to said that because the leaver in the valve isn’t loose and is pushing back on me I try and push it that it isn’t faulty ?
[automerge]1595351669[/automerge]
In my experience a new build is absolutely no reason to think the kit will be of decent quality or reliable

Contributing as a spark the valve is almost certainly leaking slightly - which gets into the zone valve electrics and then trips the RCD

Apologies if this isn't what you want to hear but I see this a LOT

As for the tank stat AND the immersion switch - not sure I believe that

thanks the second guy said to me that as the leaver on the valve is pushing back on me when I try and push it and not loose it doesn’t sound like it’s faulty but he won’t know for sure without looking.

why would the valve be leaking and where would it be coming from ? The boiler has been on all day for the first day in a while and not tripped as of yet

Reply to Hot water zone valve issue in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock