Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water with Philmac coupler? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Can I use a Philmac transition coupler on a hot water pipe? Couldn't find the information online and Philmac customer service doesn't answer the phone. It's a 22mm plastic pipe that transitions on to a lead pipe which is around 32mm, the current coupler of unknown brand has failed and I can't find anything else that will fit. It provides hot water to the bathroom so if Philmac is incompatible with hot water I'll have to replace the pipe work. Is it worth replacing the whole lead pipe anyway? It would mean taking up floor coverings and subfloor in 3 rooms and a hallway, can't work out why it would be there in the first place as new plastic pipes were laid at some point in the past but seems like whoever did it just left a section of lead in there and connected either end to plastic pipe to feed the hot water, seems a bit ridiculous to me...

Reply to Hot water with Philmac coupler? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock