Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water turning on issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

i have a hot water tank and gas boiler and for the last 4 months my boiler turns on when I use some of my hot water like it’s reheating the bit I just used.

This wouldn’t normally be an issue but my entire heating system is set to off for the summer.

How or why is my boiler reheating the hot water when everything is turn off.

So you have a twin channel timer and both your heating and hot water settings are turned off?

If you do have a 3 port, then this valve sits in the hot water position when powered off, so that would lead to me think you have a fault with your programmer. It may be set to off but could still be sending power to the cylinder thermostat. When you use your hot water, the temp in the tank drops causing the stat to call for heat which will then bring your boiler on. This is only one possible cause though so I'd recommend you get a plumber out to check the system and electrics over.

I did wonder if it was the programmer but then I also wondered whether it was the actuator that had broken and was stuck. You’re right the a plumber coming is the best option I did want to change to a nest setup soon anyhow so maybe I’ll do it sooner than I planned
Thxs for your help

Reply to Hot water turning on issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock