Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water temp 20C above desired temp set on dial in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Good Morning.
Are you all fed up with me yet?
I'm posting yet another separate thread.

Update. As you know, last night I fired up the boiler after re-filling the system following some repairs I had made...
Actually I spare you all the details, I perhaps give to much

Long story short. I've got the central heating system running low temp. I've set the dial at 40C and that is round about the boiler is keeping the temperature. As indicated by the digital display.
However, the hot water has been used, (not whilst the central heating was running though) and the temperature on the digital display showed a rise up to 60C, but importantly the dial was only set at 42C.
Should I be worried about this?
I don't remember it doing this before the system was emptied. All though I can't be certain.
I have vented the pump and heat exchanger automatic air vent on top of the boiler. And vented all the rads a third time.

Thanks again everyone.

That’s fine as hot water has it’s own independent temp control

You should be able to return the heating temp dial to what it was set to now eg shouldn’t spike to 90dc

That’s fine as hot water has it’s own independent temp control

You should be able to return the heating temp dial to what it was set to now eg shouldn’t spike to 90dc
Thanks ShaunCorbs
That put my mind at rest

The jobs done now. No leaks, no problems. So, well happy.
Thank you and everyone else who has contributed to my posts, it's much appreciated
D

Reply to Hot water temp 20C above desired temp set on dial in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock