Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water tank worth keeping? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I've just moved into a house with an old Potterton Profile P60e (75% efficient). The hot water tank is currently taking up the space in the bathroom that would be perfect for a shower enclosure.

So we have a choice,

1) Upgrade the boiler to a combi, rip out the tank and replace with shower enclosure
2) Upgrade boiler to a modern regular, keep the tank and keep the shower in the bathtub.

I figure option 1 will be the consensus option as I'll save money with an upgraded boiler, and be able to enjoy a proper shower, but I'm curious to hear if there are any downsides to removing a hot water tank.

Re why change: Because we'd like a shower separate from the bath and the hot water tank enclosure has the perfectly sized space!
And now you have two showers and a combi that can’t supply them both at the same time..... lol

Im not saying dont remove the cylinder, just make sure your expectations are correct.

Test the mains pressure and flow rate before making the decision.

And now you have two showers and a combi that can’t supply them both at the same time..... lol

Im not saying dont remove the cylinder, just make sure your expectations are correct.

Test the mains pressure and flow rate before making the decision.
Nah, we're only keeping the main shower. The bath will be used exclusively as a bath!

Reply to Hot water tank worth keeping? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock