Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water stops working for 1 day every two month in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I'm based in UK and I've a conventional boiler system, i.e. cold water storage cisterns in the loft, hot water tank on 1st floor and a gas boiler on the ground floor. The boiler is old Potterton Suprima and I've always been adviced not to change it until it completely breaks down, due to old is gold analogy.

From the past few months I'm facing a strange problem with the heating system (not sure if anyone else has seen it); the hot water simply stopped working for a day roughly every two months and resume normal operations the next day. Radiators are working fine but there is almost no hot water from hot water taps all over the property. However, I still have cold water from cold water taps and the pressure is fine too.

I've checked the cold water cisterns in the loft and the pressure seems to drop for that period. Boiler seems to be working fine and the pumps seems to do the job too. Not sure what can go wrong, any clues you guys have?

Thanks

Reply to Hot water stops working for 1 day every two month in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock