Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water secondary return - plastic pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick question on secondary returns for HW. I remember reading somewhere that you cannot use Hep2o for a secondary return. Could someone explain why?

I was thinking about this the other day, and central heating circuits are fine with Hep2o, so why not HW circuits? Surely both pump hot water around at similar temps. Or does it have something to do with fresh water causing the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water secondary return - plastic pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Silly question (and might already been asked 100rds of time) - I am specifying a circulation pump for the hot water secondary (circulation) return to reduce the wait for hot water. HW is coming from unvented cylinder with a secondary return connection. The secondary return is almost straight...
Replies
Views
We have had an ongoing issue with low hot water temperatures in a school. During the recent repair of a leak, the plumbers isolated the hot water to fit a new bit of pipework and found that water wouldn't stop running until the cold boosted water was also isolated. Given this, it would seem...
Replies
Views
B
I'm a plumbing novice so first of all I apologise if I'm not explaining this situation correctly. I've recently renovated a house for my family to live in and we're having an issue with water not staying hot when the secondary return circuit is on. From a starting point of fully heated the...
Replies
Views
Do people with this type of mixed flow temperature control have any problems with achieving the required manifold flow temperature? The one below I think is similar to the TIO Mixing unit. In the unit below, the hot (boiler) water enters from the bottom left, red arrow, up through the "mixing...
Replies
Views
G
I've just bought a 3-floor house with a gas boiler on the ground floor and hot water tank on the middle floor. When I switch on the hot water at the timer panel, it works but it also heats up all the radiators above ground floor. I have to close them individually to stop this. The rads aren't...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock