Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RobHum

Hi folks, after some advice. I'm refurbishing a ground floor flat that has a hot water tank in a cupboard. Not a great deal of height and it gravity feeds the bath, wash basin and sink. Bath and basin seem ok as they are quite low. But I've fitted a new kitchen and the flow from the sink mixer tap is very slow. Distance and height aren't good. Does any one know what I could consider an acceptable flow rate. It takes about 2 minutes to fill the kitchen sink with just hot water.

You've fitted a high pressure tap to a low pressure system.
You either change your tap, change your system or live with it.

I guess I should have said the bowl in the sink. This holds about 5 litres

Hi Tamz, thank you for that. I think your right. The cold water pressure is really good. Would it still be ok to fit low pressure tap with the cold being high

Ok. If you're refurbishing the flat and you want better water pressure all round then there's 2 options off the top of my head 1) If your mains pressure is good get a G3 qualified plumber (or 2 or 3) to survey and quote for an unvented cylinder or 2) Fit a cold water storage tank and a normal cylinder and a pump

Ok. If you're refurbishing the flat and you want better water pressure all round then there's 2 options off the top of my head 1) If your mains pressure is good get a G3 qualified plumber (or 2 or 3) to survey and quote for an unvented cylinder or 2) Fit a cold water storage tank and a normal cylinder and a pump
Thanks for your help Neil. I think that is wise advice. Not sure how much of that I will fit in the cupboard as it is. May have to make it slightly bigger with a stud wall.
Cheers

Plenty of flats in the same situation as you, cheapest way to resolve it is change the kitchen tap for a low pressure tap where the water is mixed at the end of the tap, not at the base. This will help with the unequal pressures of the cold main and the poor head of the hot water.

Plenty of flats in the same situation as you, cheapest way to resolve it is change the kitchen tap for a low pressure tap where the water is mixed at the end of the tap, not at the base. This will help with the unequal pressures of the cold main and the poor head of the hot water.
Thanks for that. I reckon that's got to be worth a try before I do anything else. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock