Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water pressure in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, just installed Salamander pump and s valve to boost hot water, everything works great, all mixer taps work fine, the one problem I have is the shower head on the bath taps is very hot and I can't seem to be able to adjust it. Taps are fine it's just the shower head, have tried turning isolator down on hot pipe and have tried a pressure reducing valve, but just can't g et it adjusted to a usable temp. Any help, thoughts welcome, thanks

I’m guessing it’s non thermostatic and you’ve not boosted the cold tank feed to the cold bath tap if so you’ve got an imbalance of pressures and the hot will win

Hi, we’re sorry to hear this. If you could provide us with the pump serial number and a contact number we will ensure a member of our technical team contacts you as soon as possible. Thank you.

Hi, just installed Salamander pump and s valve to boost hot water, everything works great, all mixer taps work fine, the one problem I have is the shower head on the bath taps is very hot and I can't seem to be able to adjust it. Taps are fine it's just the shower head, have tried turning isolator down on hot pipe and have tried a pressure reducing valve, but just can't g et it adjusted to a usable temp. Any help, thoughts welcome, thanks

I’m guessing it’s non thermostatic and you’ve not boosted the cold tank feed to the cold bath tap if so you’ve got an imbalance of pressures and the hot will win
Hi Shaun, appreciate the response, the shower is just part of the taps, just a hose and showerhead, you flip a lever between taps and shower. The taps work fine as do all the others in the house, it's just this showerhead.

Is the cold side on the bath like before eg low pressure?

That’s your fault / reason why the resistance of the shower hose is too much so the hot overpowers the cold

That’s your fault / reason why the resistance of the shower hose is too much so the hot overpowers the cold
Chrs thought it might be, I did enlarge the hole in the handle where the hose attaches, as it was only 5/6mm, it did seem to make a difference, thanks again for your help.

Reply to Hot water pressure in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock