Search the forum,

Discuss Hot Water Pressure Kitchen Sink Intermittent in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folks!

I’ve just had this video from a friend who lives in a block of flats. This video is the hot tap from his kitchen sink. As you can see the flow rate is perfect the suddenly drops a fair bit but continues flowing then it goes back to flowing a lot a few seconds later and continues to do this. However the hot tap in the bathroom appears to be flowing normally?

I’m still learning myself so having a hard time diagnosing it from just the video but if anyone could suggest some fixes hopefully I’m capable of doing so.

thanks everyone!

Enjoy your evenings,

Jamie
[automerge]1583687889[/automerge]
It appears the video did not upload? But here’s the pictures from the video of what kind of flow is coming out. The full flow lasts for about 10 seconds then goes to the lesser flow for about 5 then back to full flow. Thanks
[automerge]1583688006[/automerge]
Hi folks!

I’ve just had this video from a friend who lives in a block of flats. This video is the hot tap from his kitchen sink. As you can see the flow rate is perfect the suddenly drops a fair bit but continues flowing then it goes back to flowing a lot a few seconds later and continues to do this. However the hot tap in the bathroom appears to be flowing normally?

I’m still learning myself so having a hard time diagnosing it from just the video but if anyone could suggest some fixes hopefully I’m capable of doing so.

thanks everyone!

Enjoy your evenings,

Jamie
[automerge]1583687889[/automerge]
It appears the video did not upload? But here’s the pictures from the video of what kind of flow is coming out. The full flow lasts for about 10 seconds then goes to the lesser flow for about 5 then back to full flow. Thanks
[automerge]1583689757[/automerge]

[automerge]1583689785[/automerge]
UPDATE:

IM SORRY HES JUST SAID THE BATHROOM HOT TAP IS DOING THE SAME TOO..

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    4.2 MB
  • D415CCAF-B22D-45EF-A561-FB79AFF2EABE.png
    D415CCAF-B22D-45EF-A561-FB79AFF2EABE.png
    426.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 8BBF858F-B1EF-44C9-85F1-7C83BF579413.png
    8BBF858F-B1EF-44C9-85F1-7C83BF579413.png
    442.5 KB · Views: 5
  • FullSizeRender.mov
    4.2 MB
Last edited:
Flexi twisted ? Could be the tap

easiest way to confirm is to undo the supply to the hot and run it into a bucket if nothing is visible

Reply to Hot Water Pressure Kitchen Sink Intermittent in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock