Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water pressure dropped on two outlets only (mega flow) in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi.
We’ve a pressurized megaflow system and the last few weeks we’ve lost water pressure on Just two outlets in the house. The first a Keuco mixer shower were the hot outlets is just a dribble where previously it filled the bath in 5 mins and the second a Quooker tap where the tank fed supply is again now just a dribble. We suspected the megaflow strainer was blocked but this has been removed and it was totally clear. The cold water flow is good on both and the cold & hot works properly in all other taps.

The plumber told us that he thought there was dirt in the two outlets but this does not make sense. The Quooker trouble shooting guide says it’s basic pressure issue if it’s this symptom. If it was dirt I’d have thought the mega flow strainer would have strained it out and have been blocked.

My current theory is that maybe the mega flow pressure valve is not working properly and our two most sensitive appliances are impacted by a slight drop in hot pressure or we have airlocks in both outlets.

Any advice would be appreciated on what steps to take next.

If your other outlets are fine I would be looking at the appliances

Thanks but two stopping at the same time on different pipes seems too much of a coincidence.

Could it be a slight drop in overall pressure on the whole system that is only manifesting itself on the two sensitive to water pressure drop?

Not really if your other outlets are fine

Might be that a flexi is blocked etc

Might be that a flexi is blocked etc
I’m starting to think that our overall water pressure has dropped. I checked the cold flow rate today at the kitchen Quooker tap and downstairs cloakroom and bathroom sink. The Quooker is 10l/ min and the cloak is 6l/min and sink 10l/min. I’m sure that previously we had 15 or so when the megaflow was installed. If I’m right 10 l/min is just about 1 bar which is not enough for high pressure taps. North west water did recently ‘clean the pipes’ ( which is why we originally thought the megaflow strainer was blocked) but it could be that they did not turn it back on at the old pressure?

Time to test your incoming flow and pressure as close to the stop tap as possible

I’m starting to think that our overall water pressure has dropped. I checked the cold flow rate today at the kitchen Quooker tap and downstairs cloakroom and bathroom sink. The Quooker is 10l/ min and the cloak is 6l/min and sink 10l/min. I’m sure that previously we had 15 or so when the megaflow was installed. If I’m right 10 l/min is just about 1 bar which is not enough for high pressure taps. North west water did recently ‘clean the pipes’ ( which is why we originally thought the megaflow strainer was blocked) but it could be that they did not turn it back on at the old pressure?

Its not the external water pressure. I've pressure tested this and it's a good 6B ar and the flow rate is very high (60l/min) at the garage tap. The next step will be to remove the Quooker hot pipe and measure the pressure as it enters the tap.....

Its not the external water pressure. I've pressure tested this and it's a good 6B ar and the flow rate is very high (60l/min) at the garage tap. The next step will be to remove the Quooker hot pipe and measure the pressure as it enters the tap.....
60lpm? Are you sure? How are you measuring this.
Also you said 10lpm is 1 bar but pressure and flow are not the same.

Reply to Hot water pressure dropped on two outlets only (mega flow) in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a megaflo unvented indirect cylinder (125i) boiler is a Worcester greenstar. I have good pressure on the cold feed and all the usual stuff works, taps...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys Need to pick your brains if you have a moment. I attended a flat where in one bathroom the hot water on the basin had major low pressure. In the Ensuite shower it was the same issue in the hot water. All the other hot water outlets in the property had good pressure. Bath and kitchen...
Replies
Views
S
Pumps and low pressure I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One for shower and one for bath. They both work intermittently and I often need to get them started with a magnet! They were new pumps. In the shower the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock