Search the forum,

Discuss hot water only when heating is on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tosh

hi guys,
can anyone enlighten me as to possible causes why I should have hot water only when the heating is on?

The system looks like a boiler supplies the CH and the HWSC supplies the hot water to the taps. There doesn't appear to be a 3 port valve which I thought was the problem (the motor sticking or failing) just a 2 port going into the HW cylinder which I assume feeds the coil that heats the water.

Any advice as I'm still a novice at this.

Thanks gents and ladies

Tosh

Well Tosh i would have another better look round and try to find the two port valve on the heating side and check that syncron motor ok
I persume you mean you only have hot water when hot water and heating on
And check room thermostat turned up,sounds silly but with this hot spell ,few will be set high enough
Make sure radiator valves not closed down

as puddle says find the other 2 port it must be there somewhere strange not to have them close by
if the hot water is ok then that 2 port is fine but if heating not circulating that would indicate the other 2 port is maybe stuck closed may free up as hasnt been used for a good few months maybe

brilliant thanks gents,
going back in on Saturday for a proper look and hopefully repair it for them. Glad I wasn't going barmy only finding one 2 port, guess confidence comes with experience.

Thanks again
and yes puddle only getting hot water when the heating is turned on.
Tosh

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,
been and done job. You're Absolutely correct the motor on the valve had siezed. Didn't think I was going mad though only found one 2 port valve which seemed to be working fine, when I spoke in detail to the customer he added,
'oh yeah, i boxed all the pipes and stuff in they looked awful'.

It's in the airing cupboard who the hell see's it!!!!!!!!

Removed the boarding at the back and hey presto the second valve that was so buggered you couldn't even switch it to manual. Quick change of the motor and all done.

Is this really the level of customer I can expect in the plumbing world?? God help us.

Thanks again gents, learning every day.

Tosh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hot water only when heating is on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock