Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water only when heating is on in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a grant vortex heat only boiler with a 2 port set up. At present I only get hot water if the heating is on. Ive checked both 2 port valves and they seem to work (they both don't spring back when energised), Ive checked the tank stat for continuity but now I've run out of ideas, can anyone help please? Thanks.

Theres no shame in admitting that and it could potentially save your life. That being said I would urge you to get an engineer out. This could be a few things but it needs to be tested from programmer to zone valve, it could be the valve head, it could be as simple as a loose connection but without being there and a multimeter theres no safe way of testing.

Theres no shame in admitting that and it could potentially save your life. That being said I would urge you to get an engineer out. This could be a few things but it needs to be tested from programmer to zone valve, it could be the valve head, it could be as simple as a loose connection but without being there and a multimeter theres no safe way of testing.

I appreciate your response, in fairness I'm a groundworker and only have an interest in digging holes, I've called 6 plumbers and not one can attend for a week so I started to look at it myself but thank you. Im beginning to wish I had taken up a career as a plumber!

I've only just seen your response Arran. If you felt comfortable with a multimetre I'd happily walk you through it but electricity is a killer. For now put the HW zone valve to manually open, that way you will have HW when CH is on, alternatively use your immersion heater and turn HW off at programmer.

Reply to Hot water only when heating is on in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock