Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water not working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. My Potterton Suprima boiler stopped working- red light on constantly. I replaced the PCB with a new one. Then the boiler worked fine but no hot water. Heating working normally. S plan system. The water would only work if I put the 2 port valve on manually. So I changed the actuator - Danfoss HPA 2. Still same problem. Programmer set to constant, but actuator won’t come on automatically. Any suggestions please?

Programmer set to constant, but actuator won’t come on automatically. Any suggestions please?
Some possibilities, in order of likelihood:
  1. You made a mistake wiring up the new actuator.
  2. The programmer is mis-set or faulty.
  3. The new actuator is faulty or the wrong type.

Thanks. I think I’ve fixed it! When the boiler broke down, I used the immersion heater in the Megaflo cylinder for hot water. The thermostat on this was set too high, and this tripped the thermal cutout on the indirect control. I pressed the reset button and all working fine now. Unnecessary change of actuator....

You might want to get the Megaflo checked out because the maximum setting on the immersion control is 70deg C & the thermal cutout, as you call it, is 80-85deg C so something must have gone wrong for the water temperature to get high enough for the high limit on the indirect (boiler) side to have operated.
This is while Megaflo's need servicing along with the boiler.

Reply to Hot water not working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external wall) which for the most part seems to provide excellent hot water. The central heating also works fine - though sometimes I think the radiuators...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a Nest controller. I’m familiar with the old gravity and pumped hot water systems and the new direct systems but not with sealed systems. Recently...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring the boiler, the demand light works fine. When the water gets up to temperature every 10 seconds or so, the boiler stops for a fraction of a second...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock