Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water not up to temperature in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Evening all, hope someone can give advice.
I have a Baxi duo etc 24 HE A combi boiler and over night the hot water is not going above the digital display of approx 48 degrees. The burner and light does come and goes off, this still happens when the hot water dial setting is at max but the temp only shows 48 and only warm water. When central heating is on the hot water reaches desired temperature, also when the hot tap is not fully open it does reach temperature, any ideas I will be grateful for.

TIA

Your mains cold water temperature has dropped due to the time of year. Your 24 kw boiler can only operate at a maximum of 9.8 litres per min at 35 degree temperature rise. So the colder the water coming in the slower flow. If your mains water flow rate is substantially higher than 10 litres a min you may decide to go for a more powerful combi boiler next time it is replaced. A 32 kw or maybe even a 40kw. Alternatively you can run the tap slower :p

A build up of deposits in the plate heat exchanger will cause a drop off in temperature of the hotwater you will need a GSR to repair anything on the boiler , Mr Jones above is correct but the water temperature in the mains supply is still reasonably high at the moment come the winter that will be when yo notice it more . Cheers kop

Thanks for your replies guys, for the hot water in the winter we never experienced this in the winter just gone and it is ok when the heating is on. Looks like I will need to get an engineer in.

Cheers

Reply to Hot water not up to temperature in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock