Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water low temperature and pressure. (Diagram and data provided). in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hot water temperature is low. This varies at different flow rates.

At 8lpm it is around 37deg (c)
At 2lpm it is around 49deg (c)

8lpm is around the max flow rate. It is around the same flow rate / temperature at all taps (upstairs bath / upstairs sink / downstairs kitchen / downstairs toilet sink).

I have attached a diagram of the pipework going to the upstairs bath (the first outlet). This also shows the type, width and length of pipe.

I’ve also attached a photo of this pipework.

All dials on the boiler are set to max (water temp / central heating temp / hot water pre heat on). Boiler pressure is 1.6 bar.

Boiler: Independent C30 combo. Boiler was serviced in Feb. The engineer seemed to think the boiler was fine. The only figures on the report are: Operating pressure: 21.5 mbr min, 18 mar max.

Any thoughts very much appreciated.

boiler-plumbing.png

IMG-4537.jpg

What’s the cold water flow rate ?

No. That’s only with the hot water on.
Thanks for the replies received. It’s really helpful.

Following on from my first post, I’ve now done more investigation. I’ve taken flow rate / temp readings at the boiler and just before the taps that feed the shower (to make sure the taps aren’t slowing things down).

Boiler:

Cold in: 15 lpm
Hot out (domestic hot water): 10lpm / 39 deg

Bath (pre tap that feeds the shower)

Cold: 15lpm
Hot: 8lpm / 35 deg

Does this suggest a problem with my boiler? As above, a recent service didn’t flag anything. I’d say it’s only 5-10 yrs old.

Thanks again.

Tbh no sounds about right for a 30kw boiler if the cold water is around 7-8 dc temp wise

Bath is lower due to bigger pipes eg 22mm and 15mm supplies

The boiler cold valve is open fully isn’t it ?

Reply to Hot water low temperature and pressure. (Diagram and data provided). in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
S
Pumps and low pressure I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One for shower and one for bath. They both work intermittently and I often need to get them started with a magnet! They were new pumps. In the shower the...
Replies
Views
I recently had an eco tec plus 836 combi installed as part of an oil to gas conversion. One thing I can’t work out is why the bathroom sink hot water flow is 12-13L per minute with at 44c and even hotter. However the nearby bath freestanding tap is 8-9L per minute at this temp. Both taps...
Replies
Views
HI Iam hoping someone can provide guidance on a heating problem. I have a (old) Ideal isar HE35 where there is no hot water for the 2 showers at the property, there is water flow but not warm. I can confirm there is hot water from the sink/bath (downstairs and upstairs). I noticed that the...
Replies
Views
PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to be lukewarm - so much so that no one even wants to bath as it never gets hot enough! Open to suggestions as to what it might be and if anyone can...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock