Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water low flow in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

good morning

I’ve got a triple shower valve. The cold flow is fine, but There’s just no pressure of flow from the hot.

looking at the valve the silver part is stopping the valve rotate any more left which is the way for hot.

is that why I don’t have much hot? the kitchen taps are fine with flow and pressure and the valves supplied with the same pipe.

is there anything I can do to rectify it?

thank you for helping

Attachments

• 70572A2D-7670-4E04-BAE2-BBF8C4363219.jpeg
    70572A2D-7670-4E04-BAE2-BBF8C4363219.jpeg
    403.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 088875EA-6648-48C6-82E5-C8851D9B0712.jpeg
    088875EA-6648-48C6-82E5-C8851D9B0712.jpeg
    461 KB · Views: 9
Combi boiler ?

Yeah it’s off the worster Bosch, hot water flows fine through the kitchen taps but not Through the shower. It doesn’t seem to trigger the boiler to start heating unless I’m not waiting long enough.

Is it a pressure thing? are these valves designed to not have much hot water flow through them?

1. The "silver part" is a built in stop. It is designed to stop the hot being turned too far. The temperature of the shower with the valve turned as far as the stop should be around 38 to 40 degrees, and is normally adjustable. There will probably be a button on the heat control. Press it in and you should be able to rotate the handle for a hotter shower.
2. Before anything more elaborate, I'd suggest cleaning the filters. Isolate the water I'd suggest you do both filters, so isolate hot and cold). Remove the end caps, remove the filters and non-return valves and clean them. Re-assemble, water back on and test. If you are in a hard water area use a limescale remover or white vinegar to remove lime scale from filters and non-return valves.
3. If the hot filter is blocked and / or the non-return valve jammed, the flow of hot through the shower may not be enough to trigger the boiler.

when I open the kitchen tap a little bit it kicks starts the boiler, but when a comparable amount is going through the shower it still doesn’t start it up 😕 is There a way to change when the boiler kicks in?

Remove, clean then replace the check valves, I suspect the cold is back feeding into the hot supply and thus reducing the flow to the point where the boiler won’t fire.

Reply to Hot water low flow in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock