Search the forum,

Discuss HOT WATER IN CYLINDER BUT ONLY WARM WATER FROM TAPS? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Jay

Hi all,

Over the last month we noticed water coming out of all the hot taps and shower would only come lukewarm. The puzzling thing is control unit states that the temperature in the unvented cylinder is at 69-70 degrees celsius. When I’ve I released water directly from the cylinder and felt the water flowing in to the tundish it is really hot - I suspect 69-70 degrees celsius. No error codes on the boiler itself. Pressure in both expansion vessels (heating and hot water) at recommenced values. No issues with the solar panels in the loft that I can tell - its just been recently serviced.

Also a few additional notes - all radiators get to temperature fine. There is no effect to the hot water situation when the radiators are on or off. Neither is the radiator temperature affected by running the hot water.

Before we pay to have a heating engineer out does anyone have any ideas of what might be going on? The hope of course is that it is a setting that I could adjust before we pay a professional.

A massive thanks in advance!

We have the following set-up:
  • Boiler - Logic Heat 15 by Ideal
  • Unvented cylinder - Range Tribune HE Indirect Solar TT300 by Kingspan
  • Programmable thermostats and hot water timer by Danfoss (TP9000+TP5000Si)
  • Solar panels - “Clearly Solar Collectors” by Glow worm
  • Solar panel system - Solar pump station and system hydraulics by Glow worm
  • Fluropro solar control by Glow worm

image2.jpegimage1.jpegimage0.jpeg

Reply to HOT WATER IN CYLINDER BUT ONLY WARM WATER FROM TAPS? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock