Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water... hot or hotter in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Anyone know how to turn the hot water thermostat down on on a Grant Vortex e26 combi boiler? I've done the obvious and opened the front panel and turned the hot water dial down, but still I've either hot water or hotter water.

The hot water temperature is not controlled by the boiler thermostat
Water temperature is preset on mixing valve thats between the plate to plate and hot water pump.
It can be altered take of white plastic cap then turn stem of valve probably need grips or pliers.
If water is still hot could be thermistor at that point probably better to get competent oil engineer.

The hot water temperature is not controlled by the boiler thermostat
Water temperature is preset on mixing valve thats between the plate to plate and hot water pump.
It can be altered take of white plastic cap then turn stem of valve probably need grips or pliers.
If water is still hot could be thermistor at that point probably better to get competent oil engineer.
Thank you. I’m no expert, I’ll call the boiler engineer. 👍🏻

Reply to Hot water... hot or hotter in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock