Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water cylinder for heating in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, new around here so first a brief intro. Keen diy man with plenty of mech and pipe experience..

We have a good solar hot water system and I'm thinking about using this hot water to supply a couple of radiators. My thinking is that during the day the hot water cylinder should be fully stocked with hot water ready for use early morning when the house cools. We don't really need it during the day as we have ceiling heat transfer.
So my question really is, would running a radiator for a few hours cool the cylinder down too much? I'll be in trouble if the wife's shower is cold in the morning....

Figuring out the actual plumbing side of things can come once I get the idea in may work.

Love to hear your thoughts.

Cheers Dave

Not how you're interpretating it no. You would need a thermal store or buffer tank and proper system design to achieve what you want.

Last edited:

Reply to Hot water cylinder for heating in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the immersion heater. Just wondering if there are any devices that can circulate the hot water in the cylinder so the immersion heater heats all the water...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
I have a vented hot-water cylinder that was installed when the house was built - 38 years ago! It has a header tank in the loft and the cylinder is located directly above the ceiling of a new and expensive kitchen. It does not leak and causes no obvious problems. Should it be replaced? Advice...
Replies
Views
Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler. During the Summer the taps and mixer shower run hot water consistently hot for as long as need be, but now during the Winter when the radiators are on the taps and mixer shower will run hot for only a few minutes and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock