Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water but no heat Heatslave 18/25 in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

We have a 9 yr old Heatslave 18/25 that's been regularly serviced. Heating was on in the morning but failed in the evening. My son is Gas safe engineer and suggested trying a few things before calling our usual engineer.
He disconnected the twin channel control panel and put in link's so it is always on. Took wire for thermostat out and put a link in. None of this started the heating. The diverter head was manually locked and this got the heating working. The lever returned to A when off. This was fine for a day but the same happened again. Does this mean the actuator head should be changed or is it the valve itself or something else altogether. I have contacted my usual engineer but he is on holiday.

Attachments

• IMG_20211011_163352707.jpg
    IMG_20211011_163352707.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 10

Reply to Hot water but no heat Heatslave 18/25 in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi everyone, we have low hot water pressure in the entire house. It doesn’t appear to be a problem with the boiler. A Heatslave 25/32 External. The central heating works. The hot water runs for a moment before shutting off. Should I be clearing residue or air somewhere? Thank you, Abram
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
We have low hot water pressure in the entire house. Boiler is a Heatslave External 25/32, fuel in kerosene. The central heating is still working. Water initially heats up but soon flow ceases. The gauge pressure is correct. Do I need to release air or residue somewhere? Thank you.
Replies
Views
Abram R
A
S
Heatslave 18/25 not firing. No heating or hot water but no lockout light and diverter switch is locked in place. Hot water was scalding hot earlier despite being set at a middling temp on the boiler and now there’s no CH or hot water. Makes a whirring noise but nothing fires up when we call for...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks I'm wondering anyone here, has any indepth knowledge on the Worcester Heatslave Combi Boiler. This boiler is quite old (2006) but it has been very reliable, and also runs at superb efficiency when tested, regularly serviced etc. The boiler is in a very old stone cottage (built 1791)...
Replies
Views
K
Hi, I have just had me diverter valve and cartridge replaced so solve my original issue of have both heating and hot water on at the same time without the option to turn off. But now I can’t turn my heating on. It’s on, on the boilers thermostat but doesn’t heat. I’ve disconnected all other...
Replies
Views
Kyle Magee
K
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock