CorgiDirect - Discounted Corgi Related Documentation and Plumbing Supplies
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Hot water but no central heating from combi boiler? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Shower Power Booster | PlumbersForums.net Official Sponsor
Greenstar junior 24i. It's been checked a few months ago.

I haven't actually used it for central heating for a couple of years and seldom for water.

The pressure on it always goes to 0 bars after a few days and usually the filling loop is permanently attached so I would just up the pressure by turning both knobs.

So I couldn't find the filling loop, maybe the council engineer took it by mistake so I decided to use the hose/pipe from the shower.

At first the gauge didn't move so I left the pipe on and knobs open, I came back 10mins later to find water pouring out of the plastic oval shaped thing at the bottom of the boiler system, I then turned one of the knobs and the gauge went up.

So I press the heating button on the control panel for '1hr', which means it should start automatically right away but nothing, I try the same with the water and nothing however when I turn a hot water tap on the boiler fires up and I have hot water etc.

Yet I have no central heating, I have reset the control panel.

In the past I would just press the left hand button on control panel for '1hr' and the central heating would fire up.

Any ideas?

Plumbase - Plumbers Forum Sponsor
so quoting your opening line why the hell have you got a boiler that you dont use and then want advice on how to fix it when your in social housing. havent used heating for a couple of years and seldom use hot water, what do you expect
Well it's cheaper to run a portable oil radiator. I'm poor. An engineer checks it a couple of times a year so it should be OK.

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I kind of thought I had drowned it also, what will I likely have damaged?
You could of yes you are a tenant so it's the council's place to arrange any servicing and repairs required please request a visit to diagnose the problem . Kop

Reply to Hot water but no central heating from combi boiler? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbase Christmastime
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Bulk Workwear - Workwear Sponsor for Plumbers Forums
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor

Plumbase Christmastime