Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water but no central heating from combi boiler? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Greenstar junior 24i. It's been checked a few months ago.

I haven't actually used it for central heating for a couple of years and seldom for water.

The pressure on it always goes to 0 bars after a few days and usually the filling loop is permanently attached so I would just up the pressure by turning both knobs.

So I couldn't find the filling loop, maybe the council engineer took it by mistake so I decided to use the hose/pipe from the shower.

At first the gauge didn't move so I left the pipe on and knobs open, I came back 10mins later to find water pouring out of the plastic oval shaped thing at the bottom of the boiler system, I then turned one of the knobs and the gauge went up.

So I press the heating button on the control panel for '1hr', which means it should start automatically right away but nothing, I try the same with the water and nothing however when I turn a hot water tap on the boiler fires up and I have hot water etc.

Yet I have no central heating, I have reset the control panel.

In the past I would just press the left hand button on control panel for '1hr' and the central heating would fire up.

Any ideas?

so quoting your opening line why the hell have you got a boiler that you dont use and then want advice on how to fix it when your in social housing. havent used heating for a couple of years and seldom use hot water, what do you expect

Well it's cheaper to run a portable oil radiator. I'm poor. An engineer checks it a couple of times a year so it should be OK.

Reply to Hot water but no central heating from combi boiler? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock