Search the forum,

Discuss Hot cylinder connections in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,
Hoping someone can help me in working out how to stop the hot water from my hot water cylinder as there is no valve to do so from the top of the boiler.
Also what are the valves 'A', 'B', 'C', 'D' & 'E'?
The valve at the bottom of the boiler is seized, but I am hoping 'A' might be the cold water feed from the cold tank in the loft?
There is a an isolator thats feeding the hot water cylinder at the bottom which is seized (open) and I dare not touch - assume this is the cold feed in?

All I want to do is exchange a sink in the cloakroom but the hot feed has no isolator!
By the way this is a gravity system with a cold tank in the loft, hot cylinder (pictured) and a standard boiler in the kitchen.

Thanks!
Dan

Attachments

• Tank_DC.jpg
    Tank_DC.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 18
First there should not be any sort of valve on hot out of cylinder.
The valve your after is probably the one marked A I think you will find that drops behind cylinder and connects near bottom. B & C probably shower feeds
D is a 3 port motorised valve E heating pump.
I would personally be very careful using any of the valves they have a tendency to snap internally.
The seized valve is on cylinder return probably to throttle it down.

As above most likely valve A.
Just climb into the loft and either isolate cold fill into header tank if there is a valve or tie the ball valve up, alternatively shut the cold mains stopcock, you will have to drop some water out until you can replace the unit.

Thanks all.
You were correct, A was the cold feed and isolating that stopped the hot water, although I had to open the kitchen hot tap to leak away the residue flow so as to keep the cloak room hot from dripping.

Reply to Hot cylinder connections in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock